Australia with its good standard of living, a beautiful environment and a high shortage of skilled workers makes Australia the number one job market for job seekers all over the world. The Australian visa system favors graduates who would want to move and work in Australia based on the shortage of skilled workers in Australia.
Finding a job in Australia
Australian visa system is designed to bring in skilled workers into the country, thereby helping to fill in for the shortage of skilled workers.
There are various visa option to apply for, you may want to apply for a long-term job visa, or you apply for the working holiday visa if you are considering work as part of your holiday trip.
In Australia, the major industries to work with include farming, mining, tourism, engineering or logistics. Some of the skills in high demand include engineering, medicine, childcare, science, and construction.
Different ways in which you can get a job in Australia
1. Use the Australian job site: You can apply for a job through this site, but remember to research on the part of the country where there is a high shortage of skilled workers. It will increase your chances of getting a job quicker.
2. Employer-sponsored visa: this is one of the easiest ways to get a job in Australia. This visa grant skilled workers to live and work in Australia, it has a 98.8% success rate, this is because with employer-sponsored visa your future employer will be in full support of your visa process.
3. Through the points-tested visa category. It is another type of Australian skilled work visa. through this you can get a job, it is expected that you go through a series of test to determine how good your skill is and your chances of getting a job with it. You need to sore at least 60 points in the test. Thought the whole idea might seem a little stressful it will help to boost your employability status.
4. Ensure you meet the language and health requirement in the country: if you want to live and work in Australia, it is essential to make sure you meet the health and language requirement in Australia. Your health status needs to be certified ok by a medical doctor, and it is expected that you pass one of the required English language tests since English is the lingua franca of Australia. It will help to demonstrate how fluent you are in the language.
5. Ensure that your qualifications are valid in Australia. Make sure your qualification is equivalent to one offered in Australia. You can consult the Australian skill recognition website to ascertain if your qualification is valid. If not you may be required to take the additional course to measure up to what is expected in Australia.
With a good skill set and good communication skill finding a job in Australia can be very easy as the need for skilled workers is in high demand.