The Skilled Independent Visa is a permanent work visa for people who have much skills and knowledge to fulfill all the gaps in Australia. The applicants want to apply for the Skilled Independent visa should score the minimum of 60 points on a point assessment system. The applicants should be under the age of 50 and will be able to elucidate that they have qualification and skills in an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). Applicants do not need any sponsorship.
Basic Requirements to apply for the Skilled Independent Visa:
- A Requirement has set by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship that all applicants should meet the basic requirements to apply for Skilled Independent Visa.
- In order to qualify for the skilled visa, the applicants should satisfy the essential requirements such as age, qualification, occupation, skills, English language proficiency, character, and health.
- In addition, the applicants should also pass the points test. All these points can be claimed in the various areas like age, work experience, skills of spouse, English language proficiency, and other bonus categories.
- The 60 is the current pass mark for Applicants who want to pass in the test.
- On 1st July 2012, the skilled migration program initiated a new online system i.e. Skill Select that requires an individual has to present an Expression of Interest. After submitting EOI, these details of the applicants viewed by state and territory governments, Australian employers, and by the Australian Government who have the capability to extend an invitation to lodge a visa application.
- There is no guarantee that the applicant will get an invitation for applying a visa after submitting an EOI. If the person gets invitation, the visa applicants should logged with DIAC.
Australian Skilled Independent Visa Entitlements
The applicants who got the Australian Skilled independent visa become permanent residents in Australia. They can entitle to live, study and work in Australia permanently.
Follow us on Opulentus Facebook Fanpage to get the most recent information about immigration news and visa processing.