Quick Enquiry
Australia Working Holiday Visa

Australia - Working Holiday Visa A working holiday visa is a residence permit which allows travellers to undertake employment (and sometimes study) in the country issuing the visa for the purpose of supplementing their travel funds. Working Holiday Visa applications submitted electronically are normally finalised within 48 hours. In some instances, applications may need to be referred to an Australian Immigration Office in Australia for further processing. Referred applications may take up to 4 weeks to finalise. ?The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.

  • First Working Holiday visa: You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided.
  • Second Working Holiday visa: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
  • Working in Australia – six months with one employer:You can generally only work six months with one employer.
The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries. You must be aged between 18 and 30 years at the time of applying for your visa. Once you are granted a working holiday maker visa, you will have 12 months to arrive in Australia. You are allowed to stay for a maximum of 12 months from the date that you first enter the country. You can undertake temporary employment in Australia for up to six months with any one employer. You can also study for up to four months. Australia offers a Working Holiday Maker program that allows young travelers from participating countries to have an extended holiday in Australia and earn money through short-term employment. There are two types of Working Holiday Maker visas: Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417) and Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462). The visa you should apply for depends on your country of residence. These types of visas allow you to stay and work in Australia for up to 12 months. For your working holiday maker visa application you must demonstrate that you have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday. You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia.

Share your Comments
Please Login to view/submit Comments & Replys

Hi! How can we help you?

Click below button to start chat

Chat Icon
Chat Icon